Friday, July 3, 2009

playing catch up

Too many weeks with an empty cursor. The backlog of trojan horse virus scans leaves me racked with guilt. My month has been a compound maths problem that I am only just starting to solve. Division is tedious, the opposite multiplies. I am plus and minus frenzied. Trying to decipher the decimal from the point.

My heart is in boxes. I throw away the battered suitcases that have moved me across four states. I overlook this gesture of permanance as I fantasise about other places. Two tubs of gumption and a repetative strain injury couldn't clean up the mess we've made.

Reconcilliation comes on a work afternoon as the last of the light drains out of the kitchen. We speak in measured tones. At the point of crisis we sign last minute treaties.

I hope we can keep them.

Now that my mind has slowed maybe the hangovers will subside as well. Another week of cheap red wine and take away will kill me. I invite something else in instead.