Wednesday, May 26, 2010

An excercise in vunerability

The toughest thing about me is my accent.
I feel as much as I talk.
Always too much.
I worry I'm too much. That I take up too much space.
More than my curves. More than my arse.
(although I worry about that too)
I can't help these oscillations
but I'm learning to curb the peaks and troughs.
I've never been happier. More content.
It's my friends who save me from my history
because there was a time when I had neither.
I want to free fall into emotion
but get scared of other peoples eyes.
Everything I write is true.
At the time.
I've only been in love once.
Forgiveness is the best thing I've learnt so far.
Love songs make me cry as do romantic movies.
I'm scared of the dark.
Sometimes I'm scared of myself
like I'm going to go back there
to that place I've almost
forgotten about.
I wish I wrote more than I do.
I'm jealous of my famous friends.
I wish I was braver.
I don't have favourites.
When I'm alone I love
to sing.